Thursday, January 28, 2010

We're in China!

My girls and my parents dropped us off at the airport in our hometown at around 7:30 a.m. on the 27th. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it is now 9:17 p.m. on the 28th, and I've only had a catnap or two on the plane! We are exhausted, but we don't have any plans until tomorrow at 1 p.m. so I think we will just sleep until we wake up!

Beijing is very big and crowded. The pollution is not nearly as bad as it was in Guangzhou in 2006, but the roads and the drivers are just as scary! We were in a huge bus, and the driver would just change lanes and expect smaller cars to get out of his way, turn left in front of oncoming traffic, etc.  There is lots of honking and beeping and yelling going on. Our road was blocked by a police car at one point, and our driver got out to yell at the cops several times! The police ended up moving the barricade in the middle of the road so we could go by! It was amazing. (we were kind of wondering if the two other families and us would end up spending the night in jail with the driver! Richard thought it would make a great story...)

3 days until Andy day!

I can't get to blogger in China, so I hope these posts are coming through! Let me know if they look ok, please. Pictures to follow.

love you all
Monie and Richard

4 comments:

  1. The posts look great! Glad you made it there safely. I hope you and Richard enjoy your [basketball-free] time alone until you meet Andy. Can't wait to see photos of you with your SON! Love you and miss you!

    XO,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The posts are perfect! WE are all thinking of you and hoping that you can get some rest before ANDY DAY!!!!! It brings back so many memories. I miss Beijing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear you guys made the trip safe and sound and hope you got some much needed rest!
    love you monie! catherine

    ReplyDelete